Geekbux Interactive (the "Company") recognizes that privacy is an important issue, so we design and operate this website (the "Site") with the protection of your privacy in mind in order to maintain the integrity of your personal information.
2. Data Collection
When visiting or using the Site, you may be required to share personal information, such as your name and email address. Generally, this information is collected when you provide it to us when registering for an account, filling out surveys, corresponding with us, or otherwise volunteering or providing information about yourself. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anybody under the age of 13.
When you use Google Sign-In to access our services, you agree to share basic account information with us. The purpose of this is so that this information can be easily accessed at a later date, without having to make additional requests to the sign-in provider.
When you sign in using Google Sign-In, we collect the following information:
- Your Public GoogleID
- Your Public Display Name
- Your Public Avatar
- Your Email Address
On account of some withdrawal options on the Site requiring you to connect your Steam account, you also have the option to connect your Steam account to your account on the Site. If you choose to connect your Steam account to your account on the Site, then we collect the following information:
- Your Public Steam64ID
- Your Public Display Name
- Your Public Avatar
The Company also collects non-personal information that your browser makes available whenever you visit our Site. This information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, the date and time of your access and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to operate, develop, and improve our services.
4. Third Parties
The Site uses third-party partners such as offer walls and survey routers to provide you as a user with offers and surveys. The information that we share with these partners is the unique user ID that you have on the Site, and in some cases also your e-mail address, which the partner will use for processes such as looking for matching duplicate users in their system. We do not provide the partner anything else, but they may collect information from you on their website.
We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, Steam and Discord. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services' privacy policies.
We may also include other third-party products or services on the Site. These third-parties may collect information from you on their own website as well, and they have separate and independent privacy policies. We bear no responsibility or liability for their content and activities. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Site so we welcome any feedback and concerns you may have regarding third party products or services on the Site.
5. Sharing of Information
Our policy is to not to share, sell, or rent your personal information to third parties for our own personal benefit.
That being said, there may be situations where we are required to share your personal details with third parties, such as relevant law enforcement agencies. If we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with law enforcement or other regulatory bodies, we may do so without your prior consent or notice.
We may also share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that pose a threat to the security, rights and assets of the Company, or violations to our policies or terms of service.
The disclosure of sensitive information to relevant organisations or authorities is up to the sole discretion of the management of the Company, who’s decision on whether or not the information we have collected will be shared or not is final.
We take your data protection and sensitivity very seriously. We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data about you that we store, including personal information.
The personal information we collect about you (if any) is stored in limited access servers. We also maintain many security measures in order to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information within our control.
However, no method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of such information or be responsible for any damage that results from a breach in security. Furthermore, you should be aware that the Internet and other various networking communication media are not entirely secure, and your information may therefore be subject to interception or loss which is beyond our reasonable control.
In conclusion, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us, and any transmission is done at your own risk. Accordingly, we assume no responsibility or liability for disclosure of your personal information or other information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
7. For European Residents
If you are located in Europe, please be advised of the following required by the General Data Protection Regulation:
- The Company may provide the Service to Users located in Europe.
- In its interaction with European Users of the Service, the Company is a data controller such that we are the organization which decides the purposes for which and the ways in which any personal data that we have collected is used.
- You agree that we are entitled to obtain, use and process the information you provide to us to enable us to discharge the services.
- Our lawful reason for processing your personal information will be "legitimate interests". Under "legitimate interests" we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
- We will process your persona data in a lawful, fair and transparent manner on only for the legitimate purpose of being able to provide the service.
- We will only request, process and maintain personal information to the extent necessary to be able to provide the Service.
- We will keep in such form that, and only for the duration that, permits identification of data subjects for no longer than necessary.
- You may withdraw consent at any time and request that your personal information be erased.
- You may request a copy of all personal information maintained about you and request that it be rectified in the event any information is incorrect.
The Company maintains all records in their entirety until and unless the User requests account deletion, at which time we will delete all personal information without undue delay. If you request that we erase your personal information, we will also be required to delete your account and you will not be eligible to use the service unless you open another account.
8. For Californian Residents
The California Code of Regulations defines a "resident" as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as non-residents. If this definition of "resident" applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information. To the extent those rights apply to you, they are described below. The Company also handles certain personal information on behalf of third-parties and/or partners of the Company. You should contact these third-parties and/or partners to exercise any rights you may have with respect to that personal information.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Protection Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and subject to certain exceptions and limitations, residents of California are able to contact the Company to exercise the rights described below with respect to certain personal information that the Company holds about them.
You are entitled to receive the following:
- Whether we collect and use your personal information
- The business purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of your personal information that the Company has collected in the preceding 12 months
- The categories of sources from which that information was collected
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose
- The specific pieces of personal information the Company has collected about you.
You also hold the entitlement to request the deletion of your personal information, just like any other user of the Site. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will respect your request and delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another user of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities. Furthermore, residents of California are also subject to the following other privacy rights:
- We will not discriminate against if you exercise your privacy rights
- You may object to the processing of your personal data
- You may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request to exercise any of these rights, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided in Section (11).
9. Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time or to access and request that we rectify or remove your personal data from our system(s). You may exercise this right by submitting a written request to the contact information provided in Section (11).
11. Want to know more?